Ignition System Services
It is amazing that something as simple as a distributor cap or as small as a spark plug, could cause your car to fail to start. These little things make a big difference when it comes to getting the combustion cylinders to fire and for the car to start. From a misfire to a failure to fire, ignition system issues can ruin your day. Keep your car running like new by making a maintenance appointment with our team at Wedmaier’s Garage.
Why Choose Us
- Peace of Mind: All of the work we perform is backed with the Repco Nationwide Guarantee as we’re a Repco Authorised Service Centre.
- Great Mechanics: The Wedmaier’s Garage team is kept up to date on all of the latest parts and services with ongoing training seminars and service bulletins thanks to Repco.
- Great Value: Our connection to local vendors in Riverview paired with our access to the Repco spare parts network helps us to give you the best service at the best price in Ipswich.
Ignition System Services from Wedmaier’s Garage Include:
- Alternator Overhaul
- Battery Testing
- Alternator Repair
- Battery Replacement
- Compression Testing
- Distributorless Ignition Repair
- Battery Terminal Replacement
- Distributor Cap Replacement
- Centrifugal Advance Timing Adjustment
- Ignition Signal Sensor Timing Adjustment
- Vacuum Advance Timing Adjustment
- High Voltage Coil Lead Replacement
- Spark Plug Lead Replacement
- Ignition Module Replacement
- Starter Motor Replacement
- Ignition Switch Replacement
- Ignition Lead Replacement
- Ignition System Overhaul
- Spark Plug Replacement
Ignition System: Key Terms
Ignition system issues can range from battery cables which have become corroded to spark plugs which have worn out to wires which have become frayed. Understanding what all the moving parts in the ignition system do, helps to give you a starting place for fixing the issue. Some of the key components that our team will look at include:
- Distributor Cap: This can wear out or crack and be filled with moisture making it fail.
- Ignition Signal Sensor: A faulty sensor can result in failure to start.
- Spark Plugs: Used to create the spark to ignite the fuel. Blown spark plugs can result in a slow start.
Get your car going when you work with our team at Wedmaier’s Garage!